Thursday 19 November 2015

Walking Home for Christmas - 64 miles

Walking Home for Christmas

Many of our veterans have walked in far worse and more dangerous environments than we might care to imagine. The ‘Walking with the Wounded’ Charity have given us a chance to be inspired by their determination and challenge yourself to take part.



This Christmas the charity is asking us to walk 1 mile or 100 miles or more home on day between 12 and 26 December



As an ex-soldier, I have taken up their challenge and on December 15 after the Fulham – Ipswich game I will get the train as far as Chelmsford and then I will walk the rest of the way home, but too make it more difficult I will be walking on my own, starting at midnight and not using roads where I can.

I will be walking 64 miles, mostly on the ‘Essex Way’ and the first 7 hours of it in the dark.



I hope you can sponsor me – the money raised will help the ‘Walking with the Wounded’ charity with their ‘Home Straight’ project which helps homeless veterans get back into employment.

Remember for every soldier who is physically wounded, five will have a mental injury.

You can find out more about the charity here 

And please sponsor me here

No comments: