Sunday 22 May 2011

My week ahead 23 - 29 May 2011

Monday 23 May - 6pm Ipswich Labour Group meeting, working on our priorities for the year

Donny Edwards RIP




Tuesday 24 May - 11am Funeral of former Mayor and Labour stalwart - Donny Edwards

7pm Sidegate Primary School Finance meeting

Thursday 26 May - 7.30pm All member meeting, Re founding Labour at the Ipswich Library Lecture Hall

Saturday 27 May - 10.30am Campaigning in Rushmere Ward, Ipswich

Last week I attended a North East Ipswich Partnership meeting, where we were briefed on the plan to turn off certain street lights in Ipswich.

I then attended the Labour Group meeting where I was selected to be the deputy portfolio holder for Culture and Leisure.

Wednesday saw the formal occasion of the Council Annual meeting, slightly spoilt by the childish behaviour of the Tory leader (read more about that here)

Friday evening, I visited my old Primary School (first time since 1973!)St Helens. I was part of a family team that managed third place in the PTA quiz, over £300 was raised for the school.

Saturday found me in Stoke Park, campaigning hard, always nice to deliver leaflets in a road that I have never been in before, today that lucky road was Downing Close!

No comments: