Sunday 25 April 2010

Kunnan Terrace - do you know the story behind the name?



Whilst out in Ipswich canvassing this morning, I found myself in Suffolk Road. It bought back many happy memories as both my late mother, my sister and a good friend had all lived in this street. I knew the corner shop had been turned into a flat a few years ago but whilst passing today, I noticed a brick plaque built into the flat wall.



Kunnan Terrace 1947 - 1991, at first I thought it may of been when the shop was there but then remembered it had still been open in this new century.
So what does the plaque mean?
Now I did go to the school with the owner of the shop, one of the Ipswich Singh family, so have a feeling it may be to honour his father the first Singh to own the shop. Is that the true story behind the plaque? If you know different let me know.

No comments: