Monday 9 February 2009

Desert issue!



Not blogged for a while as I have been involved in pre Afghanistan deployment training- training for a hot summer in Afghanistan with a freezing two weeks in Wiltshire!



But today in Northern Ireland we were issued our desert clothing and equipment. The reason I mention this is that there has been much criticism in certain papers about the lack of equipment our troops are issued with. Well in all my time in the army I have never been issued with so much equipment and of such good quality. Of course our troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan deserve the best equipment but the papers (and the Tories) should say well done when the MOD and the Government get it right.

1 comment:

John Gray said...

Hi Alasdair
Good luck with your tour!

I’ve posted a link here http://grayee.blogspot.com/2009/02/in-all-my-time-in-army-i-have-never.html